Sunday 28 December 2008

Moan of the week 28/12/08

At the end of the festive week you may have thought that even a moany old cow like me wouldn't find anything to moan about. And indeed, I have had a very happy Xmas. But today I heard something that really got my goat.
Apparently our leader, PM Gordon Brown, in his New Year message (I thought only Queenie made annual messages), is to call upon us citizens of Britain to 'display the same spirit' in this time of economic crisis as our predecessors did in World War II. Apart from the gall of the man, who is as much to blame for the crisis as anyone, this is absolutely insulting to anyone who fought in or lived through that or indeed any war. Economic recession cannot in any way be compared to the horror of war. To do so is beneath contempt.

No comments: